Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Assigned Skip Day

Wow, we had an "assigned" skip day. I bet you never saw that coming. Of course, for someone who has been in three or four of Beth's classes and will be in another next semester, this really is not all that suprising. My boyfriend however thought it was bullshit because I had an assigned skip day and I refuse to let him skip a class unless he is ill or a family emergency. In my defence, he has slacked his last two years and insisted I push him. So I am.

Anyway, back on topic, if you call this a topic. I really do understand the purpose of this assignment and this weeks class. Beth knows me very well in the point that I take very little time to do something for myself. I rarely get the chance and for those of you who are only in your first or second years, just wait. I gaurantee if you are still running around having fun, it will slowly deminish. I did not actually start having a social life until last January and even then it consisted of sitting at my best friend Scott's house playing Ultimate Alliance for three hours and then going home and doing homework. Once I met my boyfriend and we started dating it was a constant struggle between us for me to find time to hang out with him and his friends. It was actually one of the subjects that he mentioned in our huge fight in July that almost caused us to break up (don't worry we are 100% fine. I have a promise necklace hanging around my throat now). He was concerned I never had time for myself, to go out and enjoy myself. I was always working (specifically on my capstone). I do manage to squeeze that time in now but it is still a push and pull. I had to quit my job because it was interfering with school. I'd be scheduled on call and for me to actually start homework while be on call was a bad idea. I get intranced in my work and lose track of time so I could never start on homework when on call. Or I would actually be schedule 8 hour shifts by myself all day and I couldn't do homework at work because it consists of drawing and my tablet is at home and I'd have no internet access.

It was a struggle to actually decide what to do for my three hours of class. I was very tempted to work on my A455 work. However when I read back through the assignment something stood out to me. "What makes you happiest?" My boyfriend, Brendon S.M. Steele. That is what and who makes me happiest. He is what I spent my time on. All my worries just go away and I can just be me and be happy and not worry about what I need to do. So for my three hours I went to lunch with my amazingly awesome boyfriend. Okay, so it isn't some amazing website design like last week or some grand adventure to a reknowned discover, but it is what makes me happiest and it is time for myself doing what I want.

I think when you love something or in this case someone so much that it is the only thing you think about, what you breath for and live for, you cannot ignore it. It was the best three hours and in my opinion very well spent.

My Life:


No comments:

Post a Comment