Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Senseless Senses

So this week in the wonderful world of Beth, we began by discussing details on our experiences walking backwards. I am going to be honest when a lot of the students cross-mentioned to me that they did not really do the project, which I find a real shame in all honesty. The point of these exercises to allow you to see things in a way you have not before and if you allow yourself to be stuck in the 'norm' of things simple because you are lazy, uncomfortable, or just do not care, then it is a waste to even be in the class. The experiences help enlighten a person to a feeling of more than self-embodiment. By shedding a layer of skin that has been gritted a knarled on by this world and it's sense of normality, then we are truly able to experience something new and different. When you shed a layer of skin, the fresh layer beneath it is much more sensitive.

We then revisited the EGG assignment. I was actually pretty jealous of the other girl who used blood on her egg simply because her blood looked better than mine haha. It is a petty thing to be jealous over, but I loved how she did the splatters and cracked the egg, even the photo was well taken with really nice lighting. I did not really care for the eggs drawn on at all. Do nto get me wrong, it was my original intent, but I declined on it as it did not seem very creative. I think the first thing everyone thought was to draw on it. I think the next time I see someone DRAW on an egg, I better see the Mona Lisa on it. That would impress me.

We then moved on to talking bout our sense and how they enhance our life on this planet by protecting us. Our assignment is actually to come up with an imaginary sense, but I will be honest, I am lost. I can not imagine any other thing that could possible become a sense. I plan on sleeping on it for a few days and just keep my mind open to observation around campus. I am detirmined that if I pick something to become a sense, that I want it to truly be useful and something that could protect a person, rather than just be there to use in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment