Monday, August 23, 2010

See and Say and Do ad Talk and Laugh and what the BLEEP was that?

Oh boy, first day of class: Seeing Sideways. First off, let me explain why I am even taking this class. For the past three years of having Beth Lykins as a professor, I have been nagged into the deep end to take this course; and while I would love to give all the credit to this being the reason, it is not. This is hopefully my last year of college and I am in a 19 credit hour course load. I am also preparing for my Capstone in the Spring so I have that load as well which is a lot of work and intense mind melting. I felt like I really needed a course to draw my attention away, something that was not just work, but fun, to get me moving, to stimulate me outside my strict schedule.

I am quite pleased to say this may very well be it. Though, in all honesty, I did not expect a musical syllabi one bit, despite knowing what Beth is fully capable of. I think the assignments and the projects are really interesting and the act that no help is offered is a great thing to teach students. I already have great idea for the Final Project, something interactive, something to get peope outside the class involved in some creative. I won't dispell what it is though.

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of this class and the things I will produce outside my normal range of medium. I think if you cannot be creative in life, then you lose a part of yourself you were born with. It's not a priveledge to be created, it is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment