Monday, August 30, 2010

Rules, What are they good for?

In today's class we visited the AVL in the IT Building. I have actually been over there several times in my last three years at IUPUI, but it seems professor's keep finding it important to drag us back over there. Everything that was shown I have basicaly seen before and I admit, I was rather bored. I know some students found it really exciting, which for them it is great, but there was nothing new that I had not seen or learned about in previous classes.

The CAVE was interesting though. That I did kind of like. I can see if being used for numerous games if someone can get it augmented correctly. The first thing that crossed my mind was play The Sims with it. I can imagine interacting with other sims and and walking through a sims world. It would be really neat. Even playing games like Halo would be a stretch from the games we have now, as good as they are.

I was not too impressed with the large screen as I have seen it done is numerous movies and advertisements. It seems kind of outdated to me. The Smell machine I saw in it's huge honking box form so I was not too overly excited. The 3D tv was not very exciting either. I really expected to see new stuff that was not really accessible and was right off he market when this stuff has been around the last 5 years in all honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment